Y'all
Granted, this song has sentimental value, mainly because halfway through a week-long exercise out in the field, someone decided to play just ONE song at random from his phone (we were all trying to conserve battery power, see) and it so happened that this came up.
I don’t agree with some commentor there about the Buble version being better, btw. Shelton’s version is so much more raw and emotional. Buble’s is too polished and….Westlife-ish.
And given also how the below song is also one of my favourites, I think I’m starting to drift into country music territory…..
Edit: Holy crap! I just found out that the quintessential cover boy band (i.e. Westlife) DID do a cover of Home! And I think this article more or less says everything I personally feel about Shelton's version of the song. And yes, I know Buble co-wrote the song originally, but that, to me, still doesn't mean his is the best version out there.
I don’t agree with some commentor there about the Buble version being better, btw. Shelton’s version is so much more raw and emotional. Buble’s is too polished and….Westlife-ish.
And given also how the below song is also one of my favourites, I think I’m starting to drift into country music territory…..
Edit: Holy crap! I just found out that the quintessential cover boy band (i.e. Westlife) DID do a cover of Home! And I think this article more or less says everything I personally feel about Shelton's version of the song. And yes, I know Buble co-wrote the song originally, but that, to me, still doesn't mean his is the best version out there.