Ze Return
Yeah yeah, I know I haven’t been blogging for some time. Just wasn’t feeling the blog-bug biting.
For those who don’t know yet, I’m squeezing into my army uniform tomorrow to face a charge.
For missing 3 RT sessions.
I heard it’s $50, but the REALLY ouchy part is having to do RT all over again.
On the plus side, since I’m reporting early in the morning and it’s not gonna take too long, I took the other half of the day off so I can be one of the first to pop by the IT Show 2006. Gonna poke around all the hexhibitors and see if there’s anything I can get my grubby fat paws on.
Actually eyeing a digital cam and telling myself it would come in handy in helping me improve my art direction. I mean, hey, people advocate picking up photography to sharpen your sense of composition, lighting, colour, etc….so I’m actually buying a camera for work! YEAH! (Am I great at resolving my cognitive dissonance or what?)
A few models I shortlisted, depending on the promo price during the show (since I still AM a poor copywriter) include:
1) Panasonic DMC-FZ30
A pretty good prosumer model, I reckon. Comes with Panasonic’s OIS so that helps, especially with my shaky hands (for those of you who’ve seen me try to drink soup with a spoon, you know what I mean). Noise seems to be a huge problem though, even at some of the lower ISO settings. Oh, and it also has a nifty 12x optical zoom. Retailing for $1200, but hopefully would be cheaper during the show….
2) Pentax *ist DL
Kinda lukewarm about this, but apparently it’ll be retailing for sub SGD$1,000 at the show, so it’s a pretty good deal. I’m fairly certain there will be other dSLRs there with substantial price cuts, what with the rising trend in ppl buying more and more dSLRs and all so let’s see how this one holds up.
3) Nikon D50
Can’t really go wrong with Nikon, can you? Their budget dSLR here. Currently available for $1200+ with a few goodies thrown in. Still deciding if the extra dosh is worth it over the Pentax.
4) Olympus E-500
Yummy. But retail price not that yummy. Olympus’ budget cam. 4/3 lens system. Supersonic Wave Filter.
Oh, and before I close my tabs, here’s an interesting link to an emergency pack from Ready Freddy. I particular like the mobile phone charger and Shaker Flashlight.
For those who don’t know yet, I’m squeezing into my army uniform tomorrow to face a charge.
For missing 3 RT sessions.
I heard it’s $50, but the REALLY ouchy part is having to do RT all over again.
On the plus side, since I’m reporting early in the morning and it’s not gonna take too long, I took the other half of the day off so I can be one of the first to pop by the IT Show 2006. Gonna poke around all the hexhibitors and see if there’s anything I can get my grubby fat paws on.
Actually eyeing a digital cam and telling myself it would come in handy in helping me improve my art direction. I mean, hey, people advocate picking up photography to sharpen your sense of composition, lighting, colour, etc….so I’m actually buying a camera for work! YEAH! (Am I great at resolving my cognitive dissonance or what?)
A few models I shortlisted, depending on the promo price during the show (since I still AM a poor copywriter) include:
1) Panasonic DMC-FZ30
A pretty good prosumer model, I reckon. Comes with Panasonic’s OIS so that helps, especially with my shaky hands (for those of you who’ve seen me try to drink soup with a spoon, you know what I mean). Noise seems to be a huge problem though, even at some of the lower ISO settings. Oh, and it also has a nifty 12x optical zoom. Retailing for $1200, but hopefully would be cheaper during the show….
2) Pentax *ist DL
Kinda lukewarm about this, but apparently it’ll be retailing for sub SGD$1,000 at the show, so it’s a pretty good deal. I’m fairly certain there will be other dSLRs there with substantial price cuts, what with the rising trend in ppl buying more and more dSLRs and all so let’s see how this one holds up.
3) Nikon D50
Can’t really go wrong with Nikon, can you? Their budget dSLR here. Currently available for $1200+ with a few goodies thrown in. Still deciding if the extra dosh is worth it over the Pentax.
4) Olympus E-500
Yummy. But retail price not that yummy. Olympus’ budget cam. 4/3 lens system. Supersonic Wave Filter.
Oh, and before I close my tabs, here’s an interesting link to an emergency pack from Ready Freddy. I particular like the mobile phone charger and Shaker Flashlight.