My Bad
I have been summarily chided and chastised from several quarters regarding this. You are, of course, correct. It was, is, and always will be wrong to criticise without offering an alternative solution.
Whereas your objective is to get them to open up and interact more, to see the other side of the academic, and yes, even social spectrum, mine was to get them to understand and appreciate their history and tradition. Different goals with different solutions and whereas you’ve made definite steps towards realising yours, I lag behind. And god knows they need help when it comes to chicks.
I long for the day when they will say, without preamble, prompting, and straight from the heart, “I am a Saint” rather than “I am from St. Andrew’s”. As such, I hoped that exposing them to a school with similar traditions, history and pride would spur them to appreciate and embrace theirs. It’s like, if you’re Lipton and you try to raise your profile by selling your tea next to Fortnum & Masons. My analogies rock.
And as a side note and not, I must stress, a parting shot, assignation of February’s event was never definite and even if it were it would be unfair to expect me to be able to devote the amount of time needed during my industry’s peak period.
In short, I apologise profusely.
Come, I buy you a beer. Or vodka. Or beer with vodka. That’d be cool. Or suicidal, depending on how you look at it.
Whereas your objective is to get them to open up and interact more, to see the other side of the academic, and yes, even social spectrum, mine was to get them to understand and appreciate their history and tradition. Different goals with different solutions and whereas you’ve made definite steps towards realising yours, I lag behind. And god knows they need help when it comes to chicks.
I long for the day when they will say, without preamble, prompting, and straight from the heart, “I am a Saint” rather than “I am from St. Andrew’s”. As such, I hoped that exposing them to a school with similar traditions, history and pride would spur them to appreciate and embrace theirs. It’s like, if you’re Lipton and you try to raise your profile by selling your tea next to Fortnum & Masons. My analogies rock.
And as a side note and not, I must stress, a parting shot, assignation of February’s event was never definite and even if it were it would be unfair to expect me to be able to devote the amount of time needed during my industry’s peak period.
In short, I apologise profusely.
Come, I buy you a beer. Or vodka. Or beer with vodka. That’d be cool. Or suicidal, depending on how you look at it.